to the website of the Center for Entrepreneurship. You are welcome to browse through our offers for researchers as well as young founders, idea thinkers, entrepreneurs and those curious on startup topics. Did you know?
There are free coaching sessions to discuss your business ideas.
Check out our events on the HSG Campus.
HSG Founder of the Year 2018
Valentin Stalf, N26
- Look for smart money, not dumb money! (January 17, 2019) - As investors hunt for the next unicorn, you hunt for the right investor. For the funding of your startup, you will always have several options that have their advantages and disadvantages. Basically, the more innovative and thus often riskier the project is, the more important the financing through equity capital in the form of venture […]
- How much money do you need? (December 19, 2018) - The investment is the runway for your startup to take-off successfully. The decisive question is: how much do you need before you earn? The runway The capital requirement for your runway is the financial illustration of your roadmap. If, for example, the first milestone is to acquire the first 1,000 customers, you will already be […]
- Fail until you succeed (December 5, 2018) - Failure, quick iteration and optimization is part of the formula for success of startups, but this will only work if you test critical points of your startup. Securing survival The first premise for startups is initially pure survival, before any growth or profit is targeted. This requires developing a business model that enables profitable growth. […]
- Underpromise and overdeliver! (November 20, 2018) - Founders know the problem: They have a clear goal, but they do not know how to get there, yet. With your developed Problem-Solution Fit (Profiling) and your Product-Market Fit (Prototyping), the goal is clear(er). In order to gather the gained and still missing resources and to focus on the dominant milestone ahead, it is necessary […]
- Wie Amazon in Deutschland den Markt dominiert (November 9, 2018) - An Amazon kommt man in Deutschland momentan sowohl als Händler als auch als Käufer kaum vorbei. In einer Studie des Center for Entrepreneurship der Universität St.Gallen wurde nun ermittelt, dass der Onlinehändler Amazon in wichtigen Produktgruppen schon überraschend hohe Marktanteile hat. Der Amazon Watch Report Wie stark ist Amazon eigentlich in den einzelnen Kategorien? Wie […]
- Define your affordable loss! (October 30, 2018) - Now at the latest, you may ask yourself: “What am I willing to lose?”. The possible answers to the “upside” question – “How can I profit?” – are too uncertain. We know neither the characteristics nor the probabilities of achieving the “best-case” scenario. We deceive ourselves by telling us that we know these parameters. It […]
- Welcome to the jungle of intellectual property rights! (October 16, 2018) - Protection strategies for your intellectual property can help you to secure a future competitive advantage, in a best-case scenario through a – at least temporary – monopoly position. Finding the right protection strategy At first glance, the intellectual property law appears like a legal jungle. It covers all regulations on industrial property rights, for example […]
- What do you need to implement your offer? (October 1, 2018) - As a part of the co-creation, you have refined your goals together with your partners. But now it is up to you to realize them. Turn your view inwards again and put your own value chain to the test. It is important to understand which requirements your problem-solving entails for your startup. The watchdogs Part […]
- Be open for having your own goals influenced by the goals of your partners! (September 18, 2018) - Equipped with a good team and flanked by strong partners from your network, the resources must now be meaningfully combined to create the promised value for your customer. Research identified a clear pattern: Successful entrepreneurs know – consciously or unconsciously – what their personal assets are, something that everyone has at his disposal: their own […]
- Use your network! (September 5, 2018) - It is inevitable that you will encounter difficulties and hick-ups in your startup journey, which you are not sure how to solve or overcome. No worries – this is the repetitive hassle when running your business for the first time and roots in the complexity of tasks, which sometimes appear unsolvable with a small startup […]
Our sponsors and partners