to the website of the Center for Entrepreneurship. You are welcome to browse through our offers for researchers as well as young founders, idea thinkers, entrepreneurs and those curious on startup topics. Did you know?
There are free coaching sessions to discuss your business ideas.
Check out our events on the HSG Campus.
HSG Founder of the Year 2018
Valentin Stalf, N26
- Welcome to the jungle of intellectual property rights! (October 16, 2018) - Protection strategies for your intellectual property can help you to secure a future competitive advantage, in a best-case scenario through a – at least temporary – monopoly position. Finding the right protection strategy At first glance, the intellectual property law appears like a legal jungle. It covers all regulations on industrial property rights, for example […]
- What do you need to implement your offer? (October 1, 2018) - As a part of the co-creation, you have refined your goals together with your partners. But now it is up to you to realize them. Turn your view inwards again and put your own value chain to the test. It is important to understand which requirements your problem-solving entails for your startup. The watchdogs Part […]
- Be open for having your own goals influenced by the goals of your partners! (September 18, 2018) - Equipped with a good team and flanked by strong partners from your network, the resources must now be meaningfully combined to create the promised value for your customer. Research identified a clear pattern: Successful entrepreneurs know – consciously or unconsciously – what their personal assets are, something that everyone has at his disposal: their own […]
- Use your network! (September 5, 2018) - It is inevitable that you will encounter difficulties and hick-ups in your startup journey, which you are not sure how to solve or overcome. No worries – this is the repetitive hassle when running your business for the first time and roots in the complexity of tasks, which sometimes appear unsolvable with a small startup […]
- Build a team that is capable of executing your vision (August 20, 2018) - The next step after profiling and prototyping is to source what you need for the “execution”-part in your entrepreneurial journey. Cleaning up with a general myth of pop culture around startups, you have to realize that there is no a harder job than building a startup. You better gather a team of like-minded people to […]
- What makes you unique? (July 30, 2018) - This field of the Startup Navigator is about defining your unique selling proposition (USP) compared to other market participants. Thunderbolts If you compare your value propositions (VPs) with those of your competitors’, your USP results from the non-existent intersection, which is what the others do not provide or offer (the balance of your VP Competition […]
- Competitors push you to achieve more (July 6, 2018) - There is always competition, and that is a good thing! Even if you think that you are creating something completely new, there is usually a reference market for comparable products or services. Especially in the startup phase, it is important to learn a lot from the competitors in your market by analyzing and questioning their […]
- The entrepreneurial story of Valentin Stalf (June 11, 2018) - On the 26th of May, Valentin Stalf, Founder and CEO of N26, was honored as the Founder of the Year 2018 of the University of St.Gallen (HSG). But how did he become so successful as an entrepreneur? A look behind the success of Valentin Stalf and his startup N26. How Valentin Stalf founded his own […]
- Fake it till you make it (May 29, 2018) - After you have defined your value proposition and built your first prototype, it is now time to bring the first versions of your product or service to the customer. But how do you get your first customer to buy your product or use your service? Your previous conversations with potential customers should serve as a […]
- Generate value for your customer (May 8, 2018) - Why should anybody buy your product? Because it creates added value! In these examples, we speak of value propositions. The value propositions are the answer to the previously identified pain points of your target group. They promise customers the value or benefit they receive through the product or service. But how to develop a value […]
Our sponsors and partners