to the website of the Center for Entrepreneurship. You are welcome to browse through our offers for researchers as well as young founders, idea thinkers, entrepreneurs and those curious on startup topics. Did you know?
There are free coaching sessions to discuss your business ideas.
Check out our events on the HSG Campus.
HSG Founder of the Year 2018
Valentin Stalf, N26
- “Unternehmer zählen zu den glücklichsten Menschen” (February 28, 2019) - Warum soll ich Unternehmer werden? Welche Umfelder sind besonders förderlich, um eine Firma zu gründen? Und in welchen Branchen gibt es derzeit besonders viel Potenzial für Start-ups? Diese und weitere Fragen hat das HSG Focus Magazin in einem kürzlich veröffentlichten Video-Interview an Prof. Dr. Dietmar Grichnik gestellt.
- It’s proven that entrepreneurs are among the happiest people in the world (January 29, 2019) - Dietmar Grichnik is Professor of Entrepreneurship and Director of the Institute of Technology Management at the University of St.Gallen (HSG). In the interview with the Swiss Startup Group, he talked about happiness and entrepreneurship from a scientific perspective. Your career is mostly academic. How come you are so interested in entrepreneurship? Well, the academic part […]
- Look for smart money, not dumb money! (January 17, 2019) - As investors hunt for the next unicorn, you hunt for the right investor. For the funding of your startup, you will always have several options that have their advantages and disadvantages. Basically, the more innovative and thus often riskier the project is, the more important the financing through equity capital in the form of venture […]
- How much money do you need? (December 19, 2018) - The investment is the runway for your startup to take-off successfully. The decisive question is: how much do you need before you earn? The runway The capital requirement for your runway is the financial illustration of your roadmap. If, for example, the first milestone is to acquire the first 1,000 customers, you will already be […]
- Fail until you succeed (December 5, 2018) - Failure, quick iteration and optimization is part of the formula for success of startups, but this will only work if you test critical points of your startup. Securing survival The first premise for startups is initially pure survival, before any growth or profit is targeted. This requires developing a business model that enables profitable growth. […]
- Underpromise and overdeliver! (November 20, 2018) - Founders know the problem: They have a clear goal, but they do not know how to get there, yet. With your developed Problem-Solution Fit (Profiling) and your Product-Market Fit (Prototyping), the goal is clear(er). In order to gather the gained and still missing resources and to focus on the dominant milestone ahead, it is necessary […]
- Wie Amazon in Deutschland den Markt dominiert (November 9, 2018) - An Amazon kommt man in Deutschland momentan sowohl als Händler als auch als Käufer kaum vorbei. In einer Studie des Center for Entrepreneurship der Universität St.Gallen wurde nun ermittelt, dass der Onlinehändler Amazon in wichtigen Produktgruppen schon überraschend hohe Marktanteile hat. Der Amazon Watch Report Wie stark ist Amazon eigentlich in den einzelnen Kategorien? Wie […]
- Define your affordable loss! (October 30, 2018) - Now at the latest, you may ask yourself: “What am I willing to lose?”. The possible answers to the “upside” question – “How can I profit?” – are too uncertain. We know neither the characteristics nor the probabilities of achieving the “best-case” scenario. We deceive ourselves by telling us that we know these parameters. It […]
- Welcome to the jungle of intellectual property rights! (October 16, 2018) - Protection strategies for your intellectual property can help you to secure a future competitive advantage, in a best-case scenario through a – at least temporary – monopoly position. Finding the right protection strategy At first glance, the intellectual property law appears like a legal jungle. It covers all regulations on industrial property rights, for example […]
- What do you need to implement your offer? (October 1, 2018) - As a part of the co-creation, you have refined your goals together with your partners. But now it is up to you to realize them. Turn your view inwards again and put your own value chain to the test. It is important to understand which requirements your problem-solving entails for your startup. The watchdogs Part […]
Our sponsors and partners
Plug and Play