HSG Founder of the Year
An unique, innovative, sustainable, and successful startup of a HSG-affiliate is decorated every year with the Jackstädt-Award
“HSG Founder of the Year”.
On March 22nd 2019, the award ceremony was held on the main stage of the START Summit.
We warmly congratulate the Award Winner Kilian Wagner with his startup “VIU”.
Watch the report about the HSG Founder of the Year 2019 and the HSG Spin-Off label in the SRF Tagesschau:
You will find the official press release here.
How to apply
Please hand in a Pitch-Deck or Businessplan containing relevant information (e.g. sales, number of funding rounds and/or employees, etc.) and a CV of the award elegible person (HSG-Affiliate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Beginning of March, 2020
To win the Jackstädt-Award “HSG Founder of the Year”, the following criteria have to be met:
- The startup consists of at least one HSG student, employee, scholar, or alumnus / alumna.
- HSG supported the realisation of the business idea with essential impulses (e.g. lectures, coaching, network).
- The business activity has already started and achieved remarkable market traction.
- The business activity does not contradict legal, ethical, or moral values and is compliant to the guidelines of the University of St.Gallen.
- The business idea of the “HSG Founder of the Year” should be extraordinary, innovative, and sustainable.
The following criteria are relevant:
- Level of innovation of the business model (transaction volume, charges, and marketing model)
- Innovative approach to the customer benefit
- A unique selling proposition
- Integration of partners in the value-added process
- Sustainability of the business venture
- Market potential and economic growth opportunities
Previous award winners are…
Dr. Alexander Ilic with Dacuda
Adrian Locher with DeinDeal.ch
Johann Huber with SomaAnalytics
Alexander Graubner-Müller with Kreditech
Laura Behrens Wu as cofounder of her startup shippo.
Caspar Coppetti as cofounder of “on” running shoes
Diego Probst, Caspar Coppetti, Dietmar Grichnik, Manuel Hess (left to right)
Lea von Bidder as cofounder of Ava
Dietmar Grichnik, Lea von Bidder, Manuel Hess (left to right)
Valentin Stalf as cofounder of N26
Thomas Bieger, Diego Probst, Valentin Stalf, Dietmar Grichnik (left to right)